Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Good Old School Days...

Reading the article of Tok Det on A Century Old School reminds me of my school days. Summoning back the good old days always make me smile ;) I went to so many schools since my family always on the move those days due to my dad's job as a stringer and journalist. Even though dad wasn't schooled properly during his time but education is an important thing to him. He will ensure good one for us.

At first, I was sent to Anglican Kindegarten, but when my parents found out the school was not suitable for me they sent me off to chinese kindergarten with my elder sister. The headmistress was an old white lady with blonde hair but I can't recall her name. At that time we were able to speak mandarin. Can't remember anything now but xie xie ni LOL!!

During my primary school, me and my sisters attended Sek Ren Keb Father Barre's Convent, Sungai Petani, Kedah from 1986 ~ 1989 before we shifted to Kuala Lumpur. I had a good friend back then, an indian girl named Mena. I remember she lived in a wooden house nearby a swamp. I always accompanied her to her house to play or share our problems. But after my family moved, we lost contact ;( I don't know where she is now. Another interesting thing was, me and my sister went to school by riding in a chartered 'beca' when others took a bus LOL!! I always miss that "pakcik beca". May God bless him and his family.

In Kuala Lumpur, we used to live in a flat called Flat Pekeliling. It was our first time living in a flat. And I attended Sek Ren Keb Jalan Kuantan (1), nearby Tasik Titiwangsa. I was there for only 1 year before we shifted house again to Flat Sri Sabah, Cheras. Then I went to Sek Keb Jalan Pasar (2) near Pudu. Even though me and my sisters kept changing school, my exam result was fair enough. I did well in school. Maybe because of seeing my parents struggle to stabilize the family and survive in the big city made me realized without knowledge and education, we are nothing. I understand more because you, ibu and bapak. Nevertheless, I still put my feet on the ground and always remember that one phrase of Ramli Sarip's lyrics, "yang rendah jangan dihinakan".

After finishing my primary school, I was sent back to Kedah to start and finish my secondary level. That was because my parents were worried if I were to study in Kuala Lumpur I'll get bad influences from my KL friends. Therefore in 1992, I had my Form 1 at Sek Men Sultanah Bahiyah until Form 4 (halfway) in 1994. Then I was transferred again to Sek Men Keb Agama Kedah in 1994 until 1996. Even though, at first I rebelled because of being moved to 'sekolah agama', I've gained many great different experiences in these 2 schools. And I've learn my lesson well too ;) BIG thank you to my parents and teachers for teaching and preaching me, I owe you guys so much that only God can repay them all. And, I always pray for my parents, my teachers and friends and I hope you will always in good health. Hope to see you guys again someday somehow....
Sek Men Sultanah Bahiyah



No comments: