Monday, July 28, 2008

Small world but BIGGER picture....

I've read Tok Det's article in his blog just now titled "The Country We Love". The title is so simple but yet contained a deep meaning. Tok Det that I've known is a very discreet person. He study things to the details before he acts on it. He's an analyzer and very observant. He's not a talkative person but friendly. That's why he became a doctor, I guess. I adore him so much that when I was a little girl, I dream to be a prime minister of Malaysia one day. My teacher, my friends, my mom, my sisters, my dad's friends used to tease me with my BIG ambition when I filled up my "kad kuning" during my primary school. But I just kept quiet. However in silences, Tok Det, my dad and my mom were my benchmarks in everything I do. As I grew up, my ambitions change parallel to my hobbies. Surprisingly now, I work in an industry that contradict to my ambition, my hobbies and passions LOLL seriously funny. Maybe I am not hardworking enough or this is my destiny. I am not blaming my destiny though. For me if there's a will there is always a way. Sooner or later, we still have that chances, it is up to us whether we want to make it happen or not. One thing I've learn in the past that it was true when people said, "iman tidak dapat diwarisi" of in English, "faith can't be inherited" from your parents or anybody else. It's not in your blood or chromosome. Same goes to talent. It's you who take charge of yourself and tell the world who you are and act accordingly. Even how hard I try to be like Tok Det, I can never be him, or my dad' or my mom.... I'm just me, plain me. What I can do is bringing out the hero inside of me. Whoa!! I'm almost out of topic now LOLL

Tok Det wrote the article of The Country We Love in point form which I very much like. It's better than in an essay form (duhh.. like what I'm doing now!). He wrote it in sequence, and very careful. The last 2 points really captured my eyes and they were:

33. Today Malaysia is more prosperous than the other countries which attained independence together with us. There is not a single race, not a single person, whatever may be his or her station in life who can honestly say that he or she has gained nothing from the independent Governments of Malaysia.

34. We are all the beneficiaries of the policies of those early people who lead this country. The systems and policies they initiated were excellent. If they seem not to work today it is not because they were bad but it is because we do not have their caliber. We have become very selfish and too materialistic. This country has given us much. Is it still the country we love? I wonder!


Those are the phrases that really open up my eyes and had me to rethink of the way I look at life. All these while, I am so self-centered. I study, I learn, I gain, I pray, I improve, I improvise only for me, my family, my friends in my comfort zone alone. Never a bigger picture than that. Never I make effort to help others in other states, countries or part of the worlds. I made a mistake and am tumbling down now. It hurts me but I've learn something precious today and will continue to search for new one in days to come. All these while, I don't give a damn to that kind of article because I thought they were for the expert to digest and interpret. I never understand what those economic terms mean. And I don't bother to learn. But now I know that I must learn. As long I live in this world, learning is part of me. Life is what you choose to be. Thank you Tok Det! I must work for myself, no one else.... no one else.....

No comments: