Sunday, May 6, 2012

Tea book's festival

I've been reading a lot lately, but i have not shared anything with you guys. I felt so guilty. This time around i'll try my best to post my conclusion on books that i've read :) Most of books that I've read were in Malay :) But i know my friends who are reading my blog are from all around the globe. I'll try my best to translate the synopsis in English. Simple English of course. Am Malaysian so am not an expertise in English, pardon me if my translation is inaccurate. Feel free to comment on it, the floor is open. 


First of all, i would like to thank my dad for being an inspiration to this reading hobby. We've seen you read since we were small. I don't like books that much before but growing up slowly i am becoming my dad. I started with comics, i love colors, pictures, music and drawing and arts. From there i turned to intelectual stuff. But not too much. Am not that brainy!  I don't have any specific genre of book. Anything that capture my brain and eyes haha! Am an easy-going person i guess. I have resolution this year to ready a quantity of book every month, which i don't know if i can fulfill it or not :) i'll try... 




Ok, here goes... I've just finish this one good book. The title is Pemikiran Dr. Mahathir Tentang Islam (Dr. Mahathir's Thinking On Islam) by Dr Ismail Hj Ibrahim. Dr. Mahathir was Malaysian 4th Prime Minister. He stepped down in 2003 peacefully on his will. He had contributed a lot to Malaysia. I always adore him. A doctor who can leads a family and a nation. Dr. Ismail did not promote him for any other reasons but because he worked with him previously. You'll understand what i meant when you read it. 


I've jotted down some points that can benefit me. And i hope they do too for you.


1)  It is obvious that Dr. Mahathir is learning a lot from Prophet Muhammad PBUH way of managing a country or nation. No one can deny Prophet Muhammad PBUH as a good leader. He was recognized among Muslim and non-Muslim. The things that being followed by Dr. Mahathir were:
a) Democracy system 
b) Promote seeking of knowledge
c) Value women and their contributions not only to family but also to the 
nation, country.  Women is more than a daughter, wife and mother.
d) Discipline and consistensy (istiqamah) in everything we do
e) Always open up our heart to others' views or opinions 
f) Always appreciate others given to you even with a small thank you letter 
(you never know if it means world to others! Prophet Muhammad PBUH taught us to be grateful. Even he had been guaranteed Paradise by Allah but he always kneeled down to pray every night granting for forgiveness from Allah. How down to earth is that?)
g) Think big pictures and turn words into action. That's what Dr. Mahathir is. Most people talk big but never get into action. 
h) Never stop others to be creative in what they do. We have to be encouraging instead. 
i) Promote harmonious living among Muslim and non-Muslim. There's nothing to battle about. All we have to do is respect and love each others. 

I remember a scholar once said, Al- Quran and Sunnah are the 2 best guidances in life. While Rasulullah or Propher Muhammad PBUH is the best practitioner in the world! Our job is easy to understand Al-Quran & Sunnah then copy Rasulullah PBUH :) Let's spread the words and live a better world. 


That's all for now. I say it's worth it to get this book. I bought it for only RM2.00 at MPH Alamanda. Or you can always request at any book store nearby!




  

No comments: